In a recent survey, 56% of Americans admitted to ending relationships digitally. The most popular option was text message (25%), then social media (20%), and 11% admitted too breaking things off via email. For something that's generally looked down upon, a lot of people are certainly doing it!
· : A text message is OK in this instance. You barely know the person.
· : If the relationship was much more bad than good, you can get away with doing it digitally since an in-person meeting or phone call will probably just devolve into a screaming match or some other major drama.
· : If he's avoiding you and not returning calls, then you have a right to resort to a text message.
· f your partner didn't respect you enough not to cheat, then you can break up any way you please!
· This is commonplace nowadays – people have intense relationships without ever meeting. If your primary source of communication was digital, it is acceptable to end things digitally.
Have you ever ended a relationship or had someone break up with you over text, social media or email?