So is it impolite to ask for the WiFi password when visiting someone?
Apparently! And it's even ruder if you do it right when you get there. So you're supposed to wait at least 30 minutes. And 1 in 10 people said they've REFUSED to give out their password before. Here are the ten most common rules you're expected to follow in someone's house...
1. Take your shoes off at the door.
2. No shoes on the sofa.
3. Always flush the toilet. So the "let it mellow" rule doesn't apply if you're a guest.
4. Use a coaster.
5. No phones at the dinner table.
6. No swearing, especially if they have kids.
7. Put the toilet seat down.
8. Wash your hands before dinner, or they'll think you're gross.
9. Put on slippers and socks when you enter the house. (???)
10. Don't assume you can go anywhere in the house. Some rooms could be off limits, like a bedroom or bathroom.