So Which Age Group Uses Their Phone The Most While Driving?
A new study looked at which age group uses their the most while driving. Yep, you guessed it . . . it's millennials. Here are six stats from the survey . . .
1. 86% of millennials admitted they sometimes use their phone while driving. That's compared to 72% of Gen Xers, and 49% of Baby Boomers.
2. 79% of millennials said they sometimes glance at incoming calls or text messages, which was also higher than anyone else.
3. 54% also said they sometimes SEND texts and emails while driving, which is five times higher than Baby Boomers.
4. A third of millennials use social media behind the wheel, compared to 1 in 7 Gen Xers and only 3% of Boomers.
5. Millennials are the most likely to drive aggressively . . . 47% do it.
6. And millennials love to multi-task behind the wheel, meaning things like eating or applying make-up. 63% do it.