We are back, with another season of Cooking with Stichiz Presented by Publix. Continuing the celebration we are cooking today with the amazing Chef rom pork, to veggies, chicken, fish the list goes on, check out how Chef Kim is showing us one of Stichiz favs. Kimberly Richard who is showing us how to cook Griot Egg Rolls, yep that's right Griot Egg Rolls! Something fit for any occasion. If you are not into pork no worries Chef Kim shows us how you can also use various alternatives. Let's start cooking....
Dish: Griot Egg Rolls
Ingredients: Egg Roll Wraps, Pikliz, Pork Shoulder
Instructions: Clean your pork shoulder with lime juice,
- Sour orange, salt vinegar and hot boiling water.
- Let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Drain and give it a light rinse.
- Dry off your pork and add your Haitian epis and other desired seasonings.
- Mix and marinate for about 5 minutes and place in a cooler covered for an hour or overnight.
- Once that’s completed place your pork in a roasting pan tightly wrapped with aluminum foil place in oven for 1hour 30 minutes.
- Check and make sure your pork is semi-tender.
- Once your pork has reached the desired temperature pull it out and place it in a deep fryer to create a nice crust.
- Let fry for about 2-5 minutes.
- Take pork place on cutting board and pull it apart to shreds.
- Grab your eggroll wrap, take about 2 tablespoons of your shredded pork, place in the center of your egg roll wrapper and top it off with some Haitian pikliz.
- Use egg wash to help close your eggroll and pull the edges roll and tuck the corners. Once You’ve completed the preparation of all your eggrolls place in fryer for five minutes until it’s crispy and golden brown.
- You are more than welcome to enjoy these delicious griot eggrolls with Haitian pikliz or any sauce of your likings!